Friday 26 July 2013

Chloe

My dog died today.

We put her down because she has been ill for the past few weeks and the procedure is too painful and too expensive to justify.

I don't know how I feel about it. I saw myself begin to step through the 5 stages of grief. The bartering, denial etc. I don't know the order. I decided to shortcut it and jump straight to acceptance. Hopefully this won't have any dramatic implications on my psyche.

I wish I could show you a picture of my doggy dog but I don't have one.

Before you ask, I am okay.

I take comfort from knowing that it happens to everybody. It is not the end of life but a part of it.

To be honest it still hasn't quite sunk in.

*******************************
By having read this article, you agree
that I am not responsible for any
distress, discomfort, enragement or
offence caused by your reading
of this article. DFTBA.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Follow me on twitter @dancohen447
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Disqus for Just a Blog by Dan