Friday 1 March 2013

The death of spirituality.

I feel like I've spent my whole life looking for a spiritual home and, sorry dad, I didn't find it in Judaism.

I'm watching Wade Davis' video Dreams from endangered cultures about the loss of cultural diversity and the spiritual beliefs that these cultures hold. This stuff really speaks to me. I've always thought that spirituality is a more powerful and pervasive force than logic (and I'm a scientist?) and I think that the state of the world today is a result of too many people ignoring that spiritual side and disregarding it as superstition, arrogantly disregarding the guiding force of their ancestors as stupidity and naivety.

I still havn't found myself, but when I do I want to bring as many people with me as I can.

Here is another video Wade Davis: The worldwide web of belief and ritual

Disqus for Just a Blog by Dan